- LPHR and MAP send urgent joint letter to the UK Government on its engagement with the third Universal Periodic Review of Israel17th November 2017
- LPHR Legal Q&A: Gaza Electricity Crisis20th September 2017
- LPHR Child Rights Bulletin (for the period 1 May 2017 – 31 July 2017)11th September 2017
- LPHR Director speaking at Health Through Peace 20175th September 2017
Lawyers for Palestinian Human Rights (LPHR) is a legal charity in the UK that works on projects focused on protecting and promoting Palestinian human rights.
Gaza AccountabilityRead more
Respect Children's RightsRead more
Business and Human RightsRead more
- UK Government’s engagement with the third Universal Periodic Review of Israel16th November 2017
- UK Government’s response to the ongoing electricity crisis in Gaza23rd October 2017
- UN expert finds Israel’s occupation of Palestinian territory to be illegal1st November 2017
Last week, the UN Special Rapporteur for the human rights situation in the occupied Palestinian territory, Professor Michael Lynk, presented his second annual report to the UN General Assembly, which includes a very significant legal determination that Israel’s occupation of Palestinian territory is illegal under international law. (more…)
- The impact of the closure of Gaza on child welfare15th September 2017
Children, making up roughly half of Gaza’s population, are particularly vulnerable to the diminishment of basic services and human rights protections, including acutely the protection of the right to health, caused by the ongoing illegal closure of Gaza.
- Children’s rights implications of three cases involving Israel’s military courts7th July 2017
The non-governmental organisation, Military Court Watch (MCW), has recently reported on three cases1 concerning children’s rights in the Israeli military court system. This blog examines their potential significance.
- Cases of solitary confinement and ill-treatment of child detainees
The increasing use of solitary confinement as an interrogation technique against child detainees has been highlighted by Defence for Children International Palestine (DCI Palestine) in a press release dated 17 April 2017.