- LPHR Child Rights Bulletin for the period 1 September – 15 November 202125th November 2021
- JCB found in human rights breach of the OECD Guidelines after investigation into material use of its products to illegally demolish Palestinian homes; UK Government body criticises British manufacturer for its inaction and requires it to address human rights impacts12th November 2021
- UK Charities: Israeli Government’s attacks on six Palestinian civil society groups must be resisted26th October 2021
- LPHR Child Rights Bulletin for the period 1 June – 31 August 202115th September 2021
Lawyers for Palestinian Human Rights (LPHR) is a legal charity in the UK that works on projects focused on protecting and promoting Palestinian human rights.
Gaza AccountabilityRead more
Children's RightsRead more
Business and Human RightsRead more
Tom Hurndall Student ProtectionRead more
- LPHR, Amnesty International UK, War on Want request the UK government respond to reported human rights violations in context of mass arrests26th May 2021
- Urging the UK government to call for the immediate end of widespread attacks on homes in Gaza and to ensure accountability against those responsible19th May 2021
- Raising arbitrary student detention at the United Nations: Fobzu’s interview with LPHR14th October 2021
In August, our colleagues at the UK charity, Friends of Birzeit University (Fobzu), conducted an in-depth interview with LPHR’s Aleisha Ebrahimi, following the significant decision of the United Nations Working Group on Arbitrary Detention that three female Birzeit University students are being unlawfully arbitrarily detained. The illuminating interview is republished below with Fobzu’s kind permission. (more…)
- Use of force against Palestinian demonstrators and medical personnel16th June 2021
In the context of the imminent illegal dispossession and forcible transfer of Palestinian families in Sheikh Jarrah and Silwan, occupied East Jerusalem, it has been documented that Israel’s forces have been using excessive force against peaceful Palestinian demonstrators and also targeted Palestinian Red Crescent Society (PRCS) personnel. This blog explores the applicable legal framework and consequences. (more…)
- Gaza Electricity Crisis Deepens Further Amidst Military Action20th May 2021
The Al Mezan Centre for Human Rights has reported that the Gaza Strip is currently suffering from a 76% deficit in electrical supplies due to the ongoing military action in Gaza by Israel’s forces, which has been codenamed ‘Operation Guardian of the Walls’.
The available power supply in the Gaza Strip as of 19 May stands at around 107mw, which is significantly lower than the estimated 400MW that is required to meet the needs of the area. The adverse impacts are multifaceted. For example, due to lack of power supply, three main seawater desalination plants providing services for more than 400,000 people have suspended operation and more than 100,000 cubic metres of untreated or partially treated wastewater are being discharged to the sea daily.
- Settler violence surges in the void of lack of international action against settlements26th March 2021
On 10 March 2021, Saeed Alyan Awad, a Palestinian, was brutally attacked by Israeli settlers whilst on his way to check on his land to the south of Hebron in the Israeli occupied West Bank. Saeed, who was accompanied by his wife and children, sustained a cracked skull and broken jaw. His wife suffered severe bruises to her leg.