- Joint NGOs letter: Israel’s unlawful closure and blockade of the Gaza Strip under international law13th July 2018
- LPHR briefing on the Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism: its ineffectiveness, its incompatibility with international humanitarian and human rights law obligations, and its future3rd July 2018
- LPHR Legal Q&A: Palestinian residents of occupied East Jerusalem at risk of forcible transfer20th June 2018
- Statement: UK-based organisations appalled by UK Government decision not to support UN Gaza inquiry1st June 2018
Lawyers for Palestinian Human Rights (LPHR) is a legal charity in the UK that works on projects focused on protecting and promoting Palestinian human rights.
Gaza AccountabilityRead more
Respect Children's RightsRead more
Business and Human RightsRead more
- Urgent: JCB Limited’s involvement in the demolition of Khan al-Ahmar that is in breach of its human rights responsibilities and may amount to aiding and abetting a war crime5th July 2018
- Urgent: Demolition of Khan al-Ahmar and forcible transfer of residents after Israeli Supreme Court ruling11th June 2018
- A humanitarian crisis in Gaza: connecting the tightened closure with the flawed Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism18th July 2018
At the start of last week, the Government of Israel imposed a series of severe restrictions on the movement of goods through Kerem Shalom, the main commercial crossing to and from the occupied Gaza Strip, which will remain in place until further notice.
- The Israeli government is moving to institutionalise the application of Israeli domestic law in the occupied West Bank with disturbing consequences26th June 2018
The United States NGO, Foundation for Middle East Peace (FMEP), has detailed the recent steps taken by the Israeli government to systematically apply Israeli domestic law to illegal settlements. These developments critically build upon practices already in existence that are raising deep concerns, as summed up in a statement on 1 June by the UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson, that Israel’s ‘illegal settlement activity promotes the de facto annexation of the West Bank’.
- The Gaza Electricity Crisis Continues – June 2018 Update20th June 2018
LPHR remain extremely concerned at the ongoing suffering which the two million residents of Gaza are experiencing due to shortages of electricity. The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) has just revealed that in both April and May 2018, the Gaza Strip received on average only 4 hours of electricity per day. (more…)
- Palestine, democracy and Abbas’ speech1st June 2018
The right to participate in free and fair elections is enshrined in every major human rights instrument: