- LPHR submission to the UN Commission of Inquiry on the 2018 Gaza Protests10th December 2018
- LPHR briefing on the impending demolition of the Palestinian community of Khan al-Ahmar in the occupied West Bank and the forcible transfer of its residents30th October 2018
- Joint Open Letter to ICC Prosecutor: End Impunity and Open Investigation on Palestine17th September 2018
- LPHR Director speaks at an MPs event in Parliament on the issue of Gaza11th September 2018
Lawyers for Palestinian Human Rights (LPHR) is a legal charity in the UK that works on projects focused on protecting and promoting Palestinian human rights.
Gaza AccountabilityRead more
Respect Children's RightsRead more
Business and Human RightsRead more
- Urgent second letter: JCB Limited’s involvement in the impending demolition of Khan al-Ahmar that is in breach of its human rights responsibilities and may amount to aiding and abetting a war crime24th September 2018
- Requesting the UK government responds to the US position on the International Criminal Court12th September 2018
- Airbnb settlements disengagement decision shows the way forward for companies in the emerging context of business and human rights compliance21st November 2018
[This blog has been published by the Business and Human Rights Resource Centre]
Earlier this week, the San Francisco-based company, Airbnb, announced that it will remove from its popular accommodation bookings website all properties (currently around 200 Airbnb listings) in illegal Israeli settlements built in the occupied West Bank. This positive development is a demonstration of the necessary disengagement action that responsible companies should be taking so as to comply with their business and human rights responsibilities in the context of settlement-related activities in the occupied Palestinian territory. (more…)
- LPHR and Al Mezan’s significant new report on the systemic denial of justice for Gaza human shield survivors5th September 2018
In the summer of 2014, during the military offensive on Gaza that Israel code-named ‘Operation Protective Edge’, at least five Palestinians in Gaza, including a child, had their lives endangered when used as human shields by Israel’s military forces. (more…)
- A humanitarian crisis in Gaza: connecting the tightened closure with the flawed Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism18th July 2018
At the start of last week, the Government of Israel imposed a series of severe restrictions on the movement of goods through Kerem Shalom, the main commercial crossing to and from the occupied Gaza Strip, which will remain in place until further notice.
- The Israeli government is moving to institutionalise the application of Israeli domestic law in the occupied West Bank with disturbing consequences26th June 2018
The United States NGO, Foundation for Middle East Peace (FMEP), has detailed the recent steps taken by the Israeli government to systematically apply Israeli domestic law to illegal settlements. These developments critically build upon practices already in existence that are raising deep concerns, as summed up in a statement on 1 June by the UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson, that Israel’s ‘illegal settlement activity promotes the de facto annexation of the West Bank’.