- LPHR Legal Q&A: Gaza Electricity Crisis20th September 2017
- LPHR Child Rights Bulletin (for the period 1 May 2017 – 31 July 2017)11th September 2017
- LPHR Director speaking at Health Through Peace 20175th September 2017
- LPHR publishes briefing to local authorities on pensions investment and public procurement decision-making in relation to companies operating in the occupied Palestinian territory and/or Israel17th July 2017
Lawyers for Palestinian Human Rights (LPHR) is a legal charity in the UK that works on projects focused on protecting and promoting Palestinian human rights.
Gaza AccountabilityRead more
Respect Children's RightsRead more
Business and Human RightsRead more
- Urgent: Israel moves to advance forcible transfer of two Palestinian villages in the occupied West Bank27th September 2017
- Requesting the UK government responds to the demolition of a school in Jubbet Adh-Dibh (occupied Palestinian territory)1st September 2017
- The impact of the closure of Gaza on child welfare15th September 2017
Children, making up roughly half of Gaza’s population, are particularly vulnerable to the diminishment of basic services and human rights protections, including acutely the protection of the right to health, caused by the ongoing illegal closure of Gaza.
- Children’s rights implications of three cases involving Israel’s military courts7th July 2017
The non-governmental organisation, Military Court Watch (MCW), has recently reported on three cases1 concerning children’s rights in the Israeli military court system. This blog examines their potential significance.
- Cases of solitary confinement and ill-treatment of child detainees
The increasing use of solitary confinement as an interrogation technique against child detainees has been highlighted by Defence for Children International Palestine (DCI Palestine) in a press release dated 17 April 2017.
- The impact of settlements on children28th April 2017
In a series of recent reports, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) collected and analysed data on the de facto expansion of three settlement areas (Asfar in Hebron governorate; Talmon and Nahliel in Ramallah governorate; and Elon Moreh in Nablus governorate), producing a report on each area and a fourth report offering conclusions and recommendations. (more…)