- Joint Open Letter to ICC Prosecutor: End Impunity and Open Investigation on Palestine17th September 2018
- LPHR Director speaks at an MPs event in Parliament on the issue of Gaza11th September 2018
- LPHR and Al Mezan publish important new report: ‘Justice Denied: Gaza human shield survivors and the systemic failure of Israel’s military investigation system to provide accountability’5th September 2018
- LPHR submits letter to the UK company, JCB, raising serious legal and human rights concerns about their involvement in the imminent demolition of Khan al-Ahmar21st August 2018
Lawyers for Palestinian Human Rights (LPHR) is a legal charity in the UK that works on projects focused on protecting and promoting Palestinian human rights.
Gaza AccountabilityRead more
Respect Children's RightsRead more
Business and Human RightsRead more
- Urgent second letter: JCB Limited’s involvement in the impending demolition of Khan al-Ahmar that is in breach of its human rights responsibilities and may amount to aiding and abetting a war crime25th September 2018
- Requesting the UK government responds to the US position on the International Criminal Court12th September 2018
- A humanitarian crisis in Gaza: connecting the tightened closure with the flawed Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism18th July 2018
At the start of last week, the Government of Israel imposed a series of severe restrictions on the movement of goods through Kerem Shalom, the main commercial crossing to and from the occupied Gaza Strip, which will remain in place until further notice.
- The Israeli government is moving to institutionalise the application of Israeli domestic law in the occupied West Bank with disturbing consequences26th June 2018
The United States NGO, Foundation for Middle East Peace (FMEP), has detailed the recent steps taken by the Israeli government to systematically apply Israeli domestic law to illegal settlements. These developments critically build upon practices already in existence that are raising deep concerns, as summed up in a statement on 1 June by the UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson, that Israel’s ‘illegal settlement activity promotes the de facto annexation of the West Bank’.
- The Gaza Electricity Crisis Continues – June 2018 Update20th June 2018
LPHR remain extremely concerned at the ongoing suffering which the two million residents of Gaza are experiencing due to shortages of electricity. The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) has just revealed that in both April and May 2018, the Gaza Strip received on average only 4 hours of electricity per day. (more…)
- Palestine, democracy and Abbas’ speech1st June 2018
The right to participate in free and fair elections is enshrined in every major human rights instrument: