- Statement: UK-based organisations appalled by UK Government decision not to support UN Gaza inquiry1st June 2018
- LPHR welcomes the establishment by the United Nations of an independent Commission of Inquiry into the use of force against protesters in Gaza – and urges the UK to reconsider its position of non-support18th May 2018
- Enough is Enough: 95 civil society organisations call on the UN Human Rights Council to urgently launch a ‘Commission of Inquiry’ to investigate violence against protesters in Palestine17th May 2018
- LPHR statement on the use of force against protesters in Gaza15th May 2018
Lawyers for Palestinian Human Rights (LPHR) is a legal charity in the UK that works on projects focused on protecting and promoting Palestinian human rights.
Gaza AccountabilityRead more
Respect Children's RightsRead more
Business and Human RightsRead more
- Urgent: Demolition of Khan al-Ahmar and forcible transfer of residents after Israeli Supreme Court ruling11th June 2018
- Clarifying the UK’s position on the UN independent Commission of Inquiry7th June 2018
- Palestine, democracy and Abbas’ speech1st June 2018
The right to participate in free and fair elections is enshrined in every major human rights instrument:
- How Israel’s courts sanctioned the closure of Gaza – a report by Gisha19th April 2018
In December 2017, the Israeli human rights organisation, Gisha, published ’10 Years 10 Judgments: How Israel’s courts sanctioned the closure of Gaza’. The report examines 10 significant Israeli High Court of Justice judgments made after Israel’s disengagement from Gaza in August 2005 and the tightening of its closure of the Strip in June 2007. (more…)
- UK vote against accountability at the UN is a reminder that the pursuit for justice for Palestinians is being led by civil society26th March 2018
Last Friday, at the UN Human Rights Council, the UK regrettably voted against a resolution on accountability for alleged serious international crimes committed against Palestinians in the occupied Palestinian territory.
- UK makes principled and meaningful recommendations to Israel at Universal Periodic Review of its human rights record23rd January 2018
This morning was the third Universal Periodic Review of Israel at the UN Human Rights Council in Geneva. The UK was one of a number of states that participated in a dialogue with Israel on its human rights record.