- LPHR publishes briefing to local authorities on pensions investment and public procurement decision-making in relation to companies operating in the occupied Palestinian territory and/or Israel17th July 2017
- LPHR and MAP provisionally welcome statement by Home Secretary to widen UK’s Syria refugee resettlement scheme to include non-Syrian nationals5th July 2017
- LPHR Child Rights Bulletin (for the period 1 March 2017 – 1 May 2017)22nd June 2017
- LPHR, Al Mezan and Diakonia joint oral statement on legal accountability at the UN Human Rights Council19th June 2017
Lawyers for Palestinian Human Rights (LPHR) is a legal charity in the UK that works on projects focused on protecting and promoting Palestinian human rights.
Gaza AccountabilityRead more
Respect Children's RightsRead more
Business and Human RightsRead more
Protect Human Rights DefendersRead more
- Requesting the UK government reconsiders its position on the implementation of a business and human rights database listing companies involved in settlement activities21st February 2017
- Concerning a request for the UK government to reconsider its support of the Gaza Reconstruction Mechanism due to its breach of fundamental international law obligations20th October 2016
- Children’s rights implications of three cases involving Israel’s military courts7th July 2017
The non-governmental organisation, Military Court Watch (MCW), has recently reported on three cases1 concerning children’s rights in the Israeli military court system. This blog examines their potential significance.
- Cases of solitary confinement and ill-treatment of child detainees
The increasing use of solitary confinement as an interrogation technique against child detainees has been highlighted by Defence for Children International Palestine (DCI Palestine) in a press release dated 17 April 2017.
- The impact of settlements on children28th April 2017
In a series of recent reports, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (UNOCHA) collected and analysed data on the de facto expansion of three settlement areas (Asfar in Hebron governorate; Talmon and Nahliel in Ramallah governorate; and Elon Moreh in Nablus governorate), producing a report on each area and a fourth report offering conclusions and recommendations. (more…)
- Sanctioning land expropriation in the Occupied Palestinian Territory – Israel’s new ‘Land Regularisation Law’’3rd March 2017
On 6 February 2017, the Israeli Knesset (legislature) passed a law permitting the expropriation of housing built on private Palestinian land in the Occupied Territories. (more…)